Tamara is a product of Washington State and a proud card-carrying member of the U.S. National Parks. She loves to write, and spends much of her days doing it in one form or another. When she’s not writing, she’s plastering walls with post-it notes at The Vida Agency or the Henry M. Jackson Foundation, or wandering through some outstanding natural beauty with her husband and dog, Drew and Hank.
- Director of Research & Strategy, The Vida Agency, 2019-current
- Chief of Staff, Amplifier, 2017-2018
- Executive Director, Crosscut Public Media, 2015-2017
- Development Director, Crosscut Public Media, 2014-2015
- Communications Coordinator, UW Bothell Center on Reinventing Public Education, 2012-2014
- Research Coordinator, UW Bothell Center on Reinventing Public Education, 2011-2012
- Research Associate, Ross Strategic, 2008-2010
- Sustainability Fellow, Pacific Lutheran University, 2007-2008
- Vice President, Associated Student Body of Pacific Lutheran University
Her non-fiction writing has been published in YES! Magazine, Crosscut, as well as research and initiative publications at the Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute, The Junction, and Pacific Lutheran University.
- Leadership Council, Henry M. Jackson Foundation, current
- Commissioner, Earth Day Northwest 2020, current
- Board Member, World Affairs Council
- Board Member, Young Professionals International Network
B.A. in Political Science from Pacific Lutheran University.
Fellowships & Honors
- The Young American Leaders Program, Harvard Business School, 2017
- Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute Fellowship, 2016-2017 (Check out this free tool we made to help newsrooms optimize their newsletter engagement: “Opt-In“).
- Henry M. Jackson Leadership Fellowship, 2016-2017
- Rising Star Award, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators, 2008
- Pacific Lutheran University Sustainability Fellowship, 2007